How did you enjoy last month’s theme “Grace, Forgiveness, And How We Don’t Understand Them?” We all need more grace and forgiveness in our lives so I hope last month’s blogs were helpful and just what you needed. I also hope you continue to hang with us next month where our theme is “Storytelling.”
Every person we meet has a story. Whether it be …
- The porn star who found Jesus
- The man who’s coming to terms with his twenty plus year sex addiction
- The spouse who’s marriage was blown apart after discovering her husband’s affair
- The son or daughter who got caught sexting their friend
- The preacher who was forced to step down after coming clean about his porn addiction
Or the man or woman who has finally found freedom from their addiction and now lives with a renewed purpose and sense of joy.
Everyone has a story.
There is tremendous power in telling one’s story. Sometimes sharing your story can serve as an inspiration to others. Sometimes it just acts as a healing mechanism in one’s recovery journey. The point is this. We all have stories and these stories need to be shared (Tweet This).
This month we want to invite you to tell your story. Why? Because we want to hear it and we want to share it. We want to give you the opportunity to tell people how porn affected you and your family.
Starting today and all through April we are asking our fans and followers to share their porn story on Instagram. We want to hear from you so we can support you and help raise awareness. You have a story. Share it so you can inspire someone else to do the same.
Here’s what you do.
- Record and post your 15 second video sharing you story about how porn affected your life.
- Make sure you start off by saying something like “I first started looking at porn when I was ___ years old …” or “I first discovered my husband/wife was looking at porn when …” or even “I first got into porn when …” – get the idea?
- Do not use any profanity or obscenities or include anything of an explicit nature.
- Include in your post “Hey @X3church, please reshare #mypornstory #xxxchurch #truth #story #inspire”
We know 15 seconds isn’t a lot of time, but there are some really creative people out there so don;t let that stop you.
We will be reposting and resharing our favorites throughout the month via our Instagram page and twitter account.
I know this may sound a little crazy but sharing your story is an amazing thing. We want to hear it. The power in your story is greater than you may realize (Tweet This).
Coming This April – Your Story by XXXchurch is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.