Head’s up to all of the super-judgmental people. If you can lie and consider yourself a Christian; not tithe and consider yourself a Christian; GOSSIP and consider yourself a Christian, then chill out on why I entitled the blog this way. MANY THINGS THAT HETEROSEXUAL CHRISTIANS DO ARE NOT CHRIST-LIKE. There is a method to my madness.
I’ve been pretty quiet on the comment side of things for awhile now, I know. Some of it is because there are A LOT OF COMMENTS (thanks y’all for adding so much personality to the site); but another part of the reason is that I see if I wait enough, someone usually says something very close to what I was thinking.
Anyway, I did see all of the dialogue that was going on re: the “Hoe vs. Housewife” blog and while I am also a little confused about how it came to transition into a topic about homosexuality, I prayed about it and decided to take a different approach to the issue. Frankly, as someone who loves having sex and is only not doing it because the Word of God says not to (Hebrew 13:4), IF YOU ARE A BIBLE-BELIEVING CHRISTIAN who adheres to 2 Timothy 3:16-17 and are still defending that homosexuality is not a sin, I am (sincerely) curious to know the answers to the following questions:
1) How does the homosexual lifestyle fall into the purpose of mankind when it comes to sex and procreation?
2) Why do you believe that God called it an abomination (Leviticus 18) and as a result of idolatry, mentioned it as a consequence in Romans 1?
3) How is it that there are not arguments on why it’s OK to covet, to commit adultery, to lie from Christian homosexuals, if the point is that we can pick and chose what parts of the Bible we want to adhere to?
4) If it’s about love (and yes, I do believe you can love someone of the same sex…just like I could love someone else’s husband), what about when Christ came and said, “If you love me, keep my commandments?” (John 14:15-21)
5) I Corinthians 6:8-10 lists homosexuality as one of the sins that will not enter into the kingdom of heaven. What do you translate that to mean?
6) What would happen if the entire world became homosexual? Yes, I know that is an extreme hypothetical, but curious to know if you’ve ever considered the ultimate consequence/result.
7) A friend of mine, who used to be homosexual and I may actually interview for this issue, said that he believes that homosexuality is symptomatic of the antichrist because it wants to take everything that Christ established. How do you feel about that?
Oh, I already know what I opened up, but you see when I was at the peak of my promiscuity, I didn’t like feeling attacked either. I often spent so much time defending myself that I never really thought about what I was defending and so I would love to know your THOUGHTFUL and RESPECTFUL insights on the matter.
I look forward to reading them…